FIRE RAVAGES 3 HOMES IN PORT CARBON
Three homes in Port Carbon were torched by a three-alarm fire Saturday night, February 2.
The Red Cross of Eastern Pennsylvania says in a recent tweet that it is providing assistance to 6 families and at least 13 people Sunday who were impacted by the fire Saturday night.
Pike Street Fire, Port Carbon
According to fire calls, flames broke out at 22 Pike St. in Port Carbon Saturday night. Seven local volunteer fire departments were dispatched to the scene initially.
At just before 10 p.m., the commander on the scene of the blaze struck the third alarm.
Check out the videos below from people on the scene of the fire as it was fully involved.
Yorkville Hose shared this video on its Facebook page, shot just shortly after its crew raced to the scene from Pottsville. It clearly shows dramatic flames bursting out from three residences on Pike Street. All people living in these buildings were evacuated, according to incident reports.
Facebook user Eric Salen posted this video he shot from across the street of the fire.
Fire crews remained on the scene well after midnight until this fire was deemed under control. In the end, three Port Carbon homes in total were completed destroyed.
- 20 Pike St.
- 22 Pike St.
- 24 Pike St.
Coal Region Canary was on the scene this morning to view the aftermath. Neighbors gathered close the burned buildings to see the damage caused by the fire.
Space Heater Caused Fire?
Police and fire officials were on hand Sunday morning to assess the damage and search for a potential cause.
According to a report from WFMZ-TV, a space heater in the middle house (22 Pike St.) may have been to blame. Josh Rutlenberg of WFMZ reports on Twitter that residents were on the scene Sunday arguing after learning about the cause.
Subscribe to Coal Region CanaryGet email updates from Coal Region Canary by becoming a subscriber today. Just enter your email address below to get started!
Canary on Social MediaFollow Coal Region Canary on Facebook.
And check us out on Twitter.