Fire broke out around 3 p.m. Wednesday in the Norwegian Township village of Seltzer.
Crews from around central Schuylkill County responded to the 300 block of Main St. and found two buildings completely engulfed in flames. Heavy damage is clearly visible in both burning buildings.
We’re still gathering details at the scene and will have more details on this incident later today. However, an unconfirmed report suggests people were trapped on the roof of one of the burning buildings at some point after flames broke out.
At one point during the firefighting operation, first responders were ordered to get out of the buildings, which sit right next door to Seltzer Hose Co., in order to take a more defensive stand against the flames.
As firefighters battled the flames on Main St. several companies worked to get water to the scene.
Check out this video recorded live from the scene by the Facebook page Firewire Schuylkill County:
Follow this tweet thread below for more information on radio dispatches related to this fire in Seltzer Wednesday afternoon (no account required):
Main Street and Center Street, Norwegian Township – working fire with entrapment.
— autumn HUGGED MADISON (@ilovemadsb) December 2, 2020
- Pennsylvania LCE Busts 2 Schuylkill County Businesses for COVID Violations
- Pottsville Man Arrested for Vehicle Theft
- Schuylkill County Woman Tears Up Echo Valley Campground with Doughnuts
- Schuylkill County Man Shoves Mother-in-Law, Tackles Wife
- WNEP Hires Pittsburgh’s Lisa Washington as New Evening News Anchor