Pottsville Man Arrested for Vehicle Theft
A Pottsville man is locked up in Schuylkill County Prison after allegedly stealing a vehicle from McAdoo last week.
According to State Police in Frackville, 28-year-old Tyvonne Conrad, of Pottsville, alleged stole a vehicle from 7 Kennedy Dr. in McAdoo at about 5 p.m. on Nov. 27.
Conrad then fled Schuylkill County toward Hazleton. He was spotted driving the stolen vehicle on Route 93 in Hazleton.
State Police in Hazleton pulled over Conrad and took him into custody without a problem.
Conrad was hauled in front of District Judge Stephen Bayer later that same night and charged with third-degree felony theft and receiving stolen property along with a misdemeanor charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Bayer set bail at $10,000 cash bail, which Conrad could not post so he was sent to Schuylkill County Prison. Conrad will be back in court, before Bayer, for a preliminary hearing on Dec. 8 at noon.
- Pennsylvania LCE Busts 2 Schuylkill County Businesses for COVID Violations
- Mahanoy Area Threatens Virtual Truants with Charges, Children & Youth Visits
- Schuylkill County Has 6th Highest Percent Positivity COVID-19 Rate in Pennsylvania
- Schuylkill County Man Shoves Mother-in-Law, Tackles Wife
- Schuylkill County Man Found Passed Out Drunk in Burger King Drive-Thru