Officials with Alvernia University unveiled some renderings of what they plan to open as Pottsville College Towne in the near future.
Earlier this month, Alvernia completed the deal to purchase the former GIANT supermarket in downtown Pottsville for $1.4 million.
It’s promised to invest several million more into the property to transform it from a dated grocery store into Alvernia’s newest campus in Schuylkill County. Alvernia says it’ll begin construction on the project this Spring.
When it opens, Pottsville College Towne plans to offer more courses than are currently offered at Alvernia’s campus at the Cressona Mall. It also plans to serve as a bit of an incubator for entrepreneurs, connecting them with local business mentors and helping them develop business ideas.
On Thursday, Alvernia leadership was joined by local elected officials at the former GIANT store for a press conference to update the public on its progress and plans for the site.
You can watch the full press conference below (video courtesy of State Sen. Dave Argall):
- Alvernia Gets $3M For Pottsville CollegeTowne
- Alvernia Eyes Downtown Pottsville Location To Expand CollegeTowne Concept
- Alvernia Makes Pottsville CollegeTowne Official At Downtown Press Conference
- Alvernia To Purchase Former GIANT Grocery Store In Pottsville For CollegeTowne
- Pottsville School Board Members Formally Oppose County Pursuit Of GIANT Property
- Pennsylvania Senate Approves Argall’s Pottsville GIANT Bill
- Schuylkill Commissioners Authorize Purchase Of Former Pottsville GIANT In Literal Backroom Deal
- Secret Agenda: Schuylkill Commissioners Voting Wednesday On Former Pottsville GIANT Grocery Store
- Pottsville Vs. Schuylkill County In Fight Over GIANT Property
- Source: Schuylkill County Eyes Former GIANT Supermarket In Pottsville For Prison Pre-Release Center
- Giant Supermarket Closing Downtown Pottsville Location
- EXCLUSIVE: Pre-Release Prison Definitely The Plan For Former GIANT Property