Saint Clair Man Dies from Injuries Suffered in I-81 Crash Last Week
A Saint Clair man has died from injuries he suffered last week in a crash along Interstate 81 in Schuylkill County.
According to information released on April 6 from State Police in Frackville, the crash happened back on April 1 in Frailey Township, near Mile Marker 109 on the highway.
Police say 67-year-old Nick M. Panko, of Saint Clair, was traveling south on I-81 when his vehicle started moving into the center median, then crossed the northbound lanes and onto the east berm. Panko’s vehicle, a GMC Sierra, then went into a wooded area and hit several small trees, coming to rest there.
Tremont Area Ambulance transported Panko from the crash scene to Lehigh Valley Hospital in Pottsville. He later died at the hospital.
Panko was wearing his seat belt at the time of the crash and it’s unknown what caused his vehicle to veer across the highway.
This crash is the sixth fatal crash on Schuylkill County roadways since March 10.
- 3 Seriously Injured in Gordon Nagle Trail Crash Saturday
- Shenandoah Crash Claims Life of Pattersonville Man
- Schuylkill County Man Dies from Motorcycle Crash Injuries
- Teen Dies in Vehicle Crash Outside Pottsville Thursday Evening
- Schuylkill County Woman Dies in UTV Crash
- Route 61 Crash Claims Life of Minersville Woman
Subscribe to Coal Region CanaryGet email updates from Coal Region Canary by becoming a subscriber today. Just enter your email address below to get started!
Canary on Social MediaFollow Coal Region Canary on Facebook.
And check us out on Twitter.