A Schuylkill County man is facing a felony theft charge after being accused of stealing some Pennsylvania Lottery instant game scratch-offs.
According to State Police in Schuylkill Haven, they were called to the C&C Candies and Country Store in Friedensburg, Wayne Township, last Thursday at about 2 p.m.
Police say 38-year-old Edward Rayfield, of Pottsville, stole 6 scratch-offs from behind the counter of the store and made off in a silver 1999 Lincoln Navigator.
Two days later, Rayfield was spotted driving the very same vehicle and wearing the exact same clothing he wore when he pocketed the lottery tickets.
Police pulled over Rayfield when they spotted him and they say he admitted to pilfering the scratch-offs. Rayfield told police that none of the 6 tickets were winners.
In addition to losing out on the jackpot, police have charged Rayfield with felony retail theft.
- The Last of the Yuengling Premium Quarts Marks the End of an Era in Schuylkill County
- We Finally Got It – The Proposed 2022 Schuylkill County Government Budget is Here
SCHUYLKILL COUNTY MAN:
- Schuylkill County Man Charged with Shooting Blanks
- Schuylkill County Man Helps a Truck Driver, Then Steals His iPhone
- Schuylkill County Man Reports Random Woman on His Lawn Wearing HIS Shirt