The agenda for this morning’s Schuylkill County Commissioners meeting isn’t exactly chock full of attention-grabbing items. But we suspect what’s not on the agenda may be worth the price of admission.
This will be the first meeting since details of the 75-page federal sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuit against County Commissioner George Halcovage and other Courthouse officials was made public. And it’ll be the first time for the public to let the County government hear it.
Of course, in order for them to hear it, it’ll have to be read to themselves by Commissioners Chairman Boots Hetherington since he passed new rules on Public Comments at these meetings in 2020.
Frustrated by allegations coming from live callers on virtual meetings last year, Hetherington moved to change the Public Comment rules, requiring the public to submit their comments a day prior to meetings. He also insists on reading those comments.
In order to listen to this week’s Schuylkill County Commissioners meeting, you need to join the Zoom meeting room where it’s held. The meeting starts at 10 a.m.
You can join by:
- Phoning 301-715-8592
- Entering the Meeting ID: 944 6271 9458, followed by the # sign
- Entering the Passcode: 332232
Here is the full agenda for the Wednesday March 24 meeting:
- Courthouse Protest Planned in Response to Schuylkill County Discrimination Lawsuit
- 4 Schuylkill County Courthouse Employees Sue for Harassment, Discrimination
- Jane Doe 2: Halcovage Ruined My Marriage, Made Child Custody Threats
- Shocking Allegations of Sexual Harassment, Cover-Ups, and Political Bullying in Lawsuit Filed Against Halcovage, Schuylkill County Officials