State Police have charged a Lebanon County woman for driving drunk the wrong way on Interstate 78 in Berks County late last month.
According to information released by the State Police barracks in Hamburg, 24-year-old Sierra Dreibelbis, of Fredericksburg, faces a drunk driving and reckless endangerment charge following the incident that happened back on Nov. 29.
Police say that soon after 3 a.m. that day, they were notified of a vehicle traveling east in the westbound lanes of I-78 in Bethel Township.
They add that Dreibelbis drove in the opposite direction of traffic from Mile Markers 10.4 to 24.5. Police finally caught up to Dreibelbis after her 14-mile misadventure and determined she was drunk. They were able to stop the wrong-way trip safely with no injuries reported.
A preliminary hearing has not been scheduled related to this incident. A court records search shows that no charges have been filed as of Dec. 9.
- State Police Investigating Theft of Abandoned Bobcat
- Harrisburg Woman Dies in I-81 Crash in Luzerne County Wednesday
- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf is COVID-19 Positive
- Schuylkill County Unemployment Rate at Pre-Pandemic Level
- Clerk of Courts Calls for “Immediate Audit” of Schuylkill CARES Act Spending
Photo: License purchased via Depositphotos.com