State Police Investigating Theft of Abandoned Bobcat
State Police are looking into an incident in the last week in which someone stole a Bobcat skid steer from a business, tried to drive away but ended up in a ditch.
According to information released from State Police in Frackville, the theft happened some time between 6 p.m. on Dec. 4 and 6 p.m. on Dec. 6. That’s when they say someone went to Black Rock Trucks and Equipment, along Firemans Rd. in West Mahanoy Township, and “gained access” to a Bobcat skid steer. The vehicle was near the back of the business’s property.
Once the wanted thief got on the Bobcat, they attempted to drive it away. They made their way to a wooded area nearby but along the way, their scheme came undone. The Bobcat ended up being driven into a nearby drainage ditch.
Unable to get the Bobcat out of the ditch, the would-be thief abandoned their effort and left the vehicle where it got stuck.
If you’ve got information that might help police find the person who tried making off with this Bobcat, you’re asked to call PSP-Frackville at 570-874-5300.
- Harrisburg Woman Dies in I-81 Crash in Luzerne County Wednesday
- 10 Pennsylvania Counties are Actually Expanding Broadband Access with CARES Act Money
- Schuylkill County Unemployment Rate at Pre-Pandemic Level
- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf is COVID-19 Positive
- Clerk of Courts Calls for “Immediate Audit” of Schuylkill CARES Act Spending
File photo: Bobcat (May not be actual vehicle involved in incident)