Kirstie Alley Backs Trump – But Would Cheers Characters Vote Trump or Biden?
We’re not big on celebrity endorsements of political candidates.
The left loves them. Somehow, being an actor or actress means you’re also a scholar.
On Saturday though, one celebrity endorsement got our attention. And then the left’s reaction to it was hilarious.
Kirstie Alley, who played Rebecca Howe, the on-again/off-again bar manager on Cheers, threw her support behind President Trump.
Kirstie Alley Backs Trump, The Left Picks Diane Chambers
In a tweet, she said, “I’m voting for @realDonaldTrump because he’s NOT a politician. I voted for him 4 years ago for this reason and shall vote for him again for this reason. He gets things done quickly and he will turn the economy around quickly. There you have it folks there you have it.”
Alley ended it with a rolling eyes emoji.
I’m voting for @realDonaldTrump because he’s NOT a politician. I voted for him 4 years ago for this reason and shall vote for him again for this reason. He gets things done quickly and he will turn the economy around quickly. There you have it folks there you have it🙄
— Kirstie Alley (@kirstiealley) October 17, 2020
It took a little bit but the left and Twitter’s blue checkmarks latched on to this story and suddenly, “Shelley Long” was trending.
The left is so unhinged, they’re willing to say Diane Chamber (played by Shelley Long on Cheers before she suddenly left the show) was better than Miss Howe.
This is why she was SO much better than Diane. https://t.co/gFcggNJIGw
— 🥟 Coal Region Canary 🥟 (@HardCoalCanary) October 17, 2020
Whoever this checkmark is disagrees with us and lies by saying she was “always a Shelley Long fan anyway.”
Jajajaja Jajajaja I don’t even know when this happened I just seen her trending tried to find her page and I am THAT important that she blocked me. I was always a Shelley Long fan anyway pic.twitter.com/11BCSriRd0
— Nelini Stamp 🐺🐜 (@NelStamp) October 18, 2020
This guy thinks he’s funny, but definitely not as funny as Look Who’s Talking:
I would call for all us to cancel Kirstie Alley but that would require us all going to thrift stores to find VHS copies of “Look Who’s Talking” and then burning them. https://t.co/pQNUUZR9sw
— Stephen Crockett Jr. (@SACrockettJr) October 18, 2020
Should we all run to the same thrift store and find the one copy of Wildcats?
Seriously, if anyone wants to seriously debate us on Rebecca vs. Diane, we’re ready any day, any hour. It’s not even close.
Cheers Characters: Trump or Biden?
But then we wondered, who would the characters on Cheers vote for in November? Trump or Biden?
Here are our best guesses:
- Sam Malone: A wealthy or wannabe wealthy playboy, into sports and women. Definitely, Trump.
- Ernie Pantusso (“Coach”): Coach was old-school. He might have been air-headed but definitely smart enough to vote Trump.
- Carla Tortelli: Carla would not be happy with the prolonged business closure orders, especially on bars. Democrats would be taking the food right out of her kids’ mouths. And remember, that’s a lot of kids. Carla’s going with Trump.
- Norm Peterson: A fledgling business owner. Norm was always looking for the easy way out but you’d guess that Trump’s policies would benefit Norm. Put him on the Trump train.
- Cliff Clavin: This one is a no-brainer. Cliffy, the civil servant, would be at every Post Office protest a few months ago. He’s picking Biden.
- Frasier Crane: Even though Kelsey Grammer is known to be conservative in real life, Frasier the character is as left as they come. On his own show, he even backed a liberal candidate who claimed to be abducted by aliens. Frasier’s picking Biden.
- Lilith Sternin-Crane: She’d do anything to counter Frasier, including voting for Trump.
- Woody Boyd: The pride of Hanover, Indiana, is a social conservative and once ran and won a seat on Boston City Council. It’s never said what party he ran for but you’d figure with his roots, Woody is backing Trump.
- Kelly Gaines-Boyd: Woody’s dimwitted wife would forget to vote.
- Rebecca Howe: Rebecca was intent on climbing the corporate ladder and came from money. She’s definitely in for Trump.
- Diane Chambers: A classic academic liberal. No doubt, Diane’s going with Biden.
- John Allen Hill: The owner of Melville’s would be outraged at the government trying to close his business over the pandemic. Hill is a lock for Trump.
- Robin Colcord: We’re not even sure if Robin would be allowed to vote in US elections. Was he British or did he just talk like that? Rich guy like him wouldn’t want the government poking around in his business. That landed him in jail. No, he’s in for Trump.
Now, that’s not everyone but it’s the regulars.
We left out Paul because it’s Paul, of course.
By our count, that’s 9 votes for Trump and 3 for Biden.
- Tom Wolf’s New Crowd Size Limits in Pennsylvania Defy Math and Logic
- Biden Says He’s Running for the Senate … Again
- Trump Drops the F-bomb on Rush Limbaugh Radio Rally
- Remember When Joe Biden Called Obama Articulate and Clean?
- The RBG Dying Wish Never Happened
Subscribe to Coal Region CanaryGet email updates from Coal Region Canary by becoming a subscriber today. Just enter your email address below to get started!
Canary on Social MediaFollow Coal Region Canary on Facebook.
And check us out on Twitter.