WATCH LIVE: Pottsville Area School Board Meeting – August 18, 2020
Pottsville Area School District board members are meeting and expected vote on a reopening plan for the 2020-2021 school year.
You can watch here:
Pottsville Area School District Board Meeting – August 18, 2020
- Board members are expected to approve a “blended” reopening model where students will attend school in person on select days of the week.
- The Board is also expected to vote to keep a halt on on-campus extra-curricular activity, including sports practices and workouts.
Here is the Agenda for Tuesday’s meeting:pottsville area board agenda august 2020
Board members are meeting in the auditorium at DHH Lengel Middle School.
Many public comments at Tuesday’s meeting focus on the potential upcoming Fall sports season and mostly from parents and coaches supporting starting the season on time. There were about 30 minutes of letters from the public read by Interim Superintendent Jared Gerace.
Pottsville Area/Lehigh Valley Health EMT Training
Board member Patrick Moran outlines a new EMT training program at Pottsville Area High School. The program would include a year-long curriculum in a first-of-its-kind program between the school, the hospital network, and Schuylkill County EMS.
Moran says 32 students interested in the program starting this year.
Cafeteria Report – July 2020
Pottsville Area reports a $35,000 net loss in cafeteria expenses for the month of July 2020.
The school district received just more than $7,300 in revenue but had more than $42,000 in expenses.
Fall Sports Coaches
Pottsville Area approved the following Fall sports coaches and salaries at Tuesday’s meeting:
- Tom McGeoy, Head Coach – $6,250.00
- Kurt Eroh, Assistant – $3,600.00
- Jamie O’Brien, Assistant – $3,400.00
- Pete McDonald, Assistant – $3,600.00
- Rob Shaffer, Assistant – $3,800.00
- Rusty Yost, Assistant – $3,000.00
- Pete Kalinich, Assistant – $4,200.00
Junior High-7th and 8th Grade
- Mark Laubenstine, Head Coach – $3,000.00
- Lucas Bricker, Assistant – $2,600.00
FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT MANAGER
- Cody Blankenhorn – $2,600.00
- Kelly Lombel, Head Coach – $3,000.00
- Michael Anthony, Head Coach – $2,600.00
- Maria Sherakas, Head Coach – $4,361.00
- Krista Varano, Assistant – $2,000.00
- Zachary Reichert, Head Coach – $3,800.00
- David Sherry, Assistant – $2,200.00
- Robert Stock, Head Coach – $5,300.00
- Robert Evans, Assistant – $2,200.00
- Adrian Portland, Head Coach – $2,600.00
- Melissa Recla, Head Varsity – $2,850.00
- Jody Rutherford, Assistant – $2,000.00
- Christine Matz, Head Jr. High – $1,600.00