Schuylkill County Commissioners will once again consider firing an employee at their regular meeting this week.
Among the items on this week’s Agenda is the termination of Children & Youth employee Anissa Nunemacher.
Nunemacher was just hired in June 2021 as a fiscal officer within that County department. However, in November, Schuylkill County District Attorney Mike O’Pake’s office brought theft charges against Nunemacher related to her previous job as part-time Treasurer for Coaldale borough.
Authorities alleged Nunemacher took more than $20,000 from Coaldale in her time at that job, according to reports at that time from Times News.
Last week, Nunemacher agreed to enter the ARD program to have the charges cleared from her record. She’s been suspended from her job with the County government.
Since December 2021, the County has hired Service Access Management at a rate of $21,000 per month to provide financial management services to the Children & Youth department.
Schuylkill County Commissioners Public Agenda – March 23, 2022 Meeting
That personnel move is just one item on the Public Agenda for the Schuylkill County Commissioners meeting on March 23.
The Commissioners will also consider the following items at that meeting:
- Nearly $100,000 in renovation work at Schuylkill County Prison
- Entering into a contract with the law firm of Flamm, Walton, Heimbach, of Allentown, “to provide legal services for employment related matters.”
- Agreements on demolition projects in Gilberton and Norwegian Township
- Land development agreement on a proposed Auto Zone store in Norwegian Township/St. Clair
- Applying for a grant to potentially purchase Frog Hollow Nature Center, Wayne Township
Check out the full Public Agenda below.
Wednesday’s meeting begins at 10 a.m. in the Commissioners Board Room at Schuylkill County Courthouse in Pottsville. Anyone unable to attend can listen to the live stream of it by dialing in to the Zoom broadcast (or connect using your Zoom account) with the following information:
- Phone: 1-301-715-8592
- Meeting ID: 898 6289 3376
- Passcode: 287956