Minnesota Man Charged in Girardville Strangulation
A Minnesota man faces a felony strangulation charge following an incident in Girardville last week.
According to State Police in Schuylkill Haven, they were called to B St. in Guntown just after 4 a.m. on Oct. 30.
That’s where police found a 30-year-old woman (listed as being from Minnesota as well). The woman told police that she was involved in an altercation with 31-year-old Raymond Hinton, of St. Paul, Minn.
She said that during the fight, Hinton put both hands around her neck and also hit her in the face several times.
But before police got to the scene in Girardville, Hinton got away. He allegedly stole the woman’s car and fled the scene.
State Police say that the stolen vehicle was eventually located at Philadelphia International Airport. However, authorities were not able to locate Hinton and they believe he left to go back to Minnesota.
Police filed charges against Hinton before District Judge Richard Cashman. If and when he’s eventually brought before the judge, Hinton is looking at 3 different second-degree felony charges:
- Receiving Stolen Property
He also faces several misdemeanor charges and a summary offense.
- Schuylkill County Will Hand Over Halcovage Video on Friday
- Pennsylvania State Police Issue Amber Alert for Children Abducted in New York (CHILDREN FOUND SAFE)
- Schuylkill County Faces Deadline on Halcovage Surveillance Video
- Pallets of Mayonnaise Dumped in Frailey Township