More than 13,000 PPL customers in Schuylkill County are without power this morning.
As of 9 a.m. Thursday, a total of 13,400 customers are without electricity.
The area of the county most affected by the outages is Pottsville, with about 7,500 outages.
Other affected areas include:
- Deer Lake
- Summit Station
The Canary is waiting for a PPL spokesperson to tell us the reasoning behind these outages. If we hear from them, you’ll hear from us.
- UPDATE: According to Alana Roberts with PPL, a truck near Reading Anthracite made contact with an overhead transmission line around 8:30 a.m. Thursday. That’s the sole reason for the widespread outages across Schuylkill County today. At the height of outages, a total of 15,254 customers in Schuylkill County were without power.
As of 10 a.m., just 1 customer remained without power, according to PPL.
You can track PPL power outages on the company’s map here.
- As of 9:15 a.m., power restored to about 9,000 customers in Schuylkill County.
- PPL rep has contacted the Canary and is currently looking into the reasons for the outages in specific areas of the county.
- At 9:30 a.m., power outage totals down to about 1,500 in Schuylkill County.
- And at 9:37 a.m., power outages down to just 12 unlucky customers in the area.