Voter Registration Deadline is Monday, October 7
If you haven’t registered to vote in the upcoming 2019 Municipal Election, time is running out.
The deadline to register for this year’s election is Monday, October 7.
The Municipal Election is fast approaching on November 5.
Municipal Election 2019 Deadlines
Here are the important deadlines to consider prior to the election this November:
- Oct. 7: Last day to register before the November election
- Oct. 29: Last day to apply for a civilian absentee ballot
- Nov. 1: Last day for the County Board of Elections to receive voted civilian absentee ballots
- Nov. 5: ELECTION DAY
- Nov. 6: First day to register for the next election.
- Nov. 12: Last day for County Board of Elections to receive voted military and overseas ballots (submitted for delivery no later than 11:59 p.m. on Nov. 4).
How to Register to Vote in Schuylkill County
Registering to vote is really simple, even if it’s getting close to the deadline.
Visit the Schuylkill County Election Bureau
Your best bet is to head to the Schuylkill County Election Bureau office in Pottsville. There, you can fill out registration forms, get approved and be ready to vote in November.
Schuylkill County Election Bureau is located at:
- Schuylkill County Election Bureau
400 N Centre St
Pottsville PA 17901
Mail in the PA Voter Registration Form
You can get the paper version of the Voter Registration form and get it filled out. Send it to the county election office and they’ll approve it if everything checks out on it. And in a few weeks, they’ll send you your voter registration card.
Note: You don’t actually need a voter registration card to vote in your precinct.
VotesPA.com says you can now register to vote online in Pennsylvania. It’s probably true but if you’re really close to the registration deadline, we’re going to suggest going to the election office downtown.
But you can roll the dice and register here using the Pennsylvania accessible online form.
Go to PennDOT
The Driver’s License center in Schuylkill Haven is another place you can register to vote. It’s just one of several state offices that allow you to register to vote. According to VotesPA.com, here are the other places that let you get on the voter roll:
- Public assistance
- Armed Forces recruiting centers
- County Clerk of Orphans’ Court offices, including each Marriage License Bureau
- Area Agencies on Aging
- Centers for Independent Living
- County Mental Health and Mental Retardation offices
- Student disability services offices of the State System of Higher Education
- Offices of Special Education
- DA Complementary Paratransit offices
- Any agency using the Compass application
Where to Vote in Schuylkill County
Voters across Schuylkill County head to the polls on Nov. 5. We’re picking local officials to borough council and township supervisor seats. And we’re also picking school board members, too.
Of course, the big races that everyone participates in are seats up for grabs at the County Courthouse: Schuylkill County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Register of Wills, Coroner, Treasurer, Recorder of Deeds, Controller, and Prothonotary.
If you haven’t voted in a while or ever or you’re new in town, you need to know where to vote.
Check out our list of the current Schuylkill County polling locations to see where you need to go on Election Day.
Image: Coal Region Canary purchases a license to use stock photos and graphics from Depositphotos.com.