Bear on Schuylkill County Highway Runs Into Hershey Man’s Tesla
A Hershey man escaped injury after a bear ran into his Tesla Model X recently on a stretch of highway in Schuylkill County.
According to State Police in Jonestown, 48-year-old David Maish, of Hershey, was driving on Interstate 81 North near the Tremont/Tower City exit in Frailey Township at around 6:30 a.m. Sunday (Oct. 18).
Maish spotted a bear trying to cross the highway. He tried hitting the brakes of his Tesla Model X but couldn’t avoid the bear.
The beast hit the vehicle on the front driver’s side, disabling the car.
Maish was able to get his Tesla to the left shoulder and came to a stop. The vehicle was towed away. Police say Maish was uninjured in the incident.
- $900 in Winning Scratch Off PA Lottery Tickets Swiped from Vehicle
- FedEx Driver Injured by Rock Thrown from I-81 Overpass in Schuylkill County
- Police Investigating Early October Robbery at Pine Grove Church
- Flawed Applications Blamed for Stalled CARES Act Relief in Schuylkill County
MORE FROM THE CANARY:
- Tom Wolf’s New Crowd Size Limits in Pennsylvania Defy Math and Logic
- Schuylkill County Man Says 30+ Tried to Steal Mom’s Camper – Police Say the Guy was High
- Kirstie Alley Backs Trump – But Would Cheers Characters Vote Trump or Biden?