Cumbola Man Charged with Stealing Gun from Saint Clair Man
A Cumbola man is free on bail after police charged him with stealing a gun off a Saint Clair man earlier this week.
According to information from State Police in Frackville, John Glass, 47, of Cumbola, allegedly took a gun “from a secured location” on Monday night, June 8.
Cumbola Man Steals Gun from Saint Clair Man
A police investigation revealed that Glass was a felon and not permitted to possess any firearm.
Court records show that Glass had previously been charged with a host of traffic crimes including hitting an unattended vehicle or property in Lehigh County back in 2019. Other charges include driving without a license and driving without vehicle insurance several times in the last few years.
Police took Glass into custody when they determined he was unlawfully carrying a gun, especially one that wasn’t his.
He was sent to Schuylkill County Prison on $2,500 straight cash bail later that night but released the next day after posting bond.
Glass has a preliminary hearing scheduled for June 16 in Port Carbon before District Judge David Plachko.
Police have charged Glass with the following in connection with Monday’s incident:
- Theft (Felony-2)
- Illegal Firearm Possession (Felony-2)
- Giant Supermarket Closing Downtown Pottsville Location
- Third Man Charged in Pottsville Bar Shooting, Two Others Out on Bail
- Schuylkill County Residents Keep Finding Bizarre Printed Message in Grocery Items
- Schuylkill County Man Took It Out at Pine Grove Business
- Minersville and Pottsville Police Bring in Neck Ink Guy
- Port Carbon Woman Arrested for Stealing Mahanoy City Woman’s Purse at Walmart
Image license purchased via Depositphotos.com
Subscribe to Coal Region CanaryGet email updates from Coal Region Canary by becoming a subscriber today. Just enter your email address below to get started!
Canary on Social MediaFollow Coal Region Canary on Facebook.
And check us out on Twitter.