A Dauphin County man died last week in a crash along Route 209 in Porter Township.
According to State Police in Schuylkill Haven, the crash happened just before noon on April 8. In it, 79-year-old Horace Brandenberger was killed when his vehicle, for an unknown reason, veered into the northbound lane of the highway, near Tower St.
In that northbound lane, 60-year-old Dale Marks, of Tremont, was hauling an SUV on the back of his flatbed tow truck.
Police say Marks swerved in an attempt to avoid Brandenberger’s vehicle but they met in a head-on collision.
Brandenberger was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. Marks suffered a broken arm and was transported from the scene to a local hospital for treatment.
This traffic fatality is the seventh on Schuylkill County roads since March 10:
- Saint Clair Man Dies from Injuries Suffered in I-81 Crash
- Shenandoah Crash Claims Life of Pattersonville Man
- Schuylkill County Man Dies from Motorcycle Crash Injuries
- Teen Dies in Vehicle Crash Outside Pottsville Thursday Evening
- Schuylkill County Woman Dies in UTV Crash
- Route 61 Crash Claims Life of Minersville Woman