Schuylkill County Unemployment Rate Drops 2%
Schuylkill County’s unemployment rate is still really high but it’s definitely improving.
As Pennsylvania attempts to limp out of its pandemic response, business is returning to some form of normal. But with the Schuylkill County unemployment rate now at 10.4%, the road to recovery is still a long one.
That 10.4% is a 2.1% improvement over the previous mark in July.
The August 2020 unemployment rate for Schuylkill County was released on Sept. 30 by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Schuylkill County Unemployment Rate for August 2020 is 10.4%
Schuylkill County’s unemployment rate currently is right in line with Pennsylvania’s. The state’s 10.3% jobless rate is the 10th worst in the U.S., including the District of Columbia.
Here’s a look at the unemployment rate in August 2020 for counties surrounding Schuylkill County:
- Berks: 10.2%
- Carbon: 10.7%
- Columbia: 8.2%
- Dauphin: 10.1%
- Northumberland: 10.2%
- Lebanon: 9.0%
- Lehigh: 11.1%
- Luzerne: 12.4%
- PA Health Dept. Reports 2 More COVID-19 Deaths in Schuylkill County – Death Toll at 55
- Hypocrite Tom Wolf Silent on Social Distancing Violations at Biden Whistle Stop in Greensburg
- Minersville Meth Dealer Who “Eyeballed” Bags Had $103K in Cash at Arrest
- Schuylkill County Reopens Halcovage Investigation
- Courthouse Official Questions COVID Protocol After 2 Schuylkill County Employees Test Positive