Stop Wearing Masks Alone in Your Car, State Says
You’ve seen people doing it.
You might point. A laugh probably follows.
Someone drives by you. They’re all alone in their car. And they’re wearing a face mask.
Pennsylvania Says Stop Wearing Masks Alone in Your Car
Thankfully, the top mask cop in all the land, the Pennsylvania state government, weighed in on this behavior.
While they’ve encouraged its citizens to turn against each other and snitch on mask policy offenders, they’re at least showing a little bit of common sense on wearing masks in the car.
The @PennsylvaniaGov official Twitter feed shared this video with some more helpful mask tips.
We’re all still getting used to wearing masks during the #COVID19 pandemic.
— Pennsylvania (@PennsylvaniaGov) July 13, 2020
As you can see, the state specifically tells you NOT to wear a face mask when you’re driving alone in your car. They don’t tell you why it’s a no-no so we’ll just assume it’s because people that do it look ridiculous.
Speaking of ridiculous, this same video also suggests not taking your mask off until you’re “safely in your car”.
“Safely in your car”? Presumably, they mean “safely in your car” and out of the fresh air where the virus might get you (even though it’s incredibly difficult to contract the virus simply by walking to your car).
Or does the state actually believe this image that got shared really early during the pandemic response?
Well, we can’t win them all. At least the state is getting practical about one aspect of mask wearing.
Driving Alone Wearing a Mask Memes
Even most people who are pretty serious about wearing a mask in public know it’s rather ridiculous to wear one when you’re alone in the car.
That’s why there are some great memes about this very topic.
Here are some of the best driving alone wearing a mask memes we found:
READ MORE ABOUT THE FACE MASK SAGA IN PENNSYLVANIA:
- Mask Watch Group on Facebook Outing Schuylkill County Businesses
- Pennsylvania Requiring Students to Wear Face Masks or Shields at School
- A Pennsylvania Government Approved Cookout is Like Partying at Joe Mayo’s Apartment
- Tom Wolf Goes Full Karen on Mask Policy
- Now, Wolf Kinda Says Masks are Required in Pennsylvania
- Tom Wolf Virtue Signals at Harrisburg Black Lives Matter Protest, Violates Own Pandemic Restrictions
- Wolf on Mask Requirement for Businesses – “They’re Not Required.”
- Are Masks Really Mandatory in Pennsylvania? Probably Maybe