Posted by on July 14, 2020 2:11 am

Tags:
Categories: Coronavirus in Pennsylvania Coronavirus in Schuylkill County Local News

You’ve seen people doing it.

You might point. A laugh probably follows.

Someone drives by you. They’re all alone in their car. And they’re wearing a face mask.

Pennsylvania Says Stop Wearing Masks Alone in Your Car

wearing a mask alone in the car

Thankfully, the top mask cop in all the land, the Pennsylvania state government, weighed in on this behavior.

While they’ve encouraged its citizens to turn against each other and snitch on mask policy offenders, they’re at least showing a little bit of common sense on wearing masks in the car.

The @PennsylvaniaGov official Twitter feed shared this video with some more helpful mask tips.

As you can see, the state specifically tells you NOT to wear a face mask when you’re driving alone in your car. They don’t tell you why it’s a no-no so we’ll just assume it’s because people that do it look ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, this same video also suggests not taking your mask off until you’re “safely in your car”.

“Safely in your car”? Presumably, they mean “safely in your car” and out of the fresh air where the virus might get you (even though it’s incredibly difficult to contract the virus simply by walking to your car).

Or does the state actually believe this image that got shared really early during the pandemic response?

if you could see it coronavirus

Well, we can’t win them all. At least the state is getting practical about one aspect of mask wearing.

Driving Alone Wearing a Mask Memes

Even most people who are pretty serious about wearing a mask in public know it’s rather ridiculous to wear one when you’re alone in the car.

That’s why there are some great memes about this very topic.

Here are some of the best driving alone wearing a mask memes we found:

driving alone wearing mask meme chimp

driving alone wearing a mask meme clint

wearing masks while driving picard

wearing mask while driving ralph wiggum

READ MORE ABOUT THE FACE MASK SAGA IN PENNSYLVANIA:

Get email updates from Coal Region Canary by becoming a subscriber today. Just enter your email address below to get started!

News Tips?

Let us know of news happening in your area. Use our NEWS TIPS ENTRY FORM

11 responses to Stop Wearing Masks Alone in Your Car, State Says

1. Linda H July 14th, 2020 at 6:29 am

Wonder if I should strip my clothing off too? If those big pink orbs can gather on a mask, they certainly are on my garments. UGH

• Canary Commenter July 14th, 2020 at 9:55 am

They kinda look like a Starburst commercial. Please, keep your clothes on. This is a family site.

2. PTFloridians July 14th, 2020 at 8:31 am

We’ve been looking at these paranoid idiots for months now.
    The gestapo at WM the other day asked me if I had a mask…i said “no ma’am, i have an issue with masks”…she said “OK thank you”…all the people around me stared in amazement…walked in and shopped…end of story. No one can ask you anything, its a violation of your HIPPA PRIVACY.

3. Frank July 14th, 2020 at 11:28 am

How then, can a communist loving comrade show their self-righteousness if they can’t drive around showing people they have a mask on?

• PTFloridians July 14th, 2020 at 12:55 pm

Good point Frank…they’re all show. So upright and righteous, aren’t they…

4. Maria Davila October 3rd, 2020 at 1:42 am

Great article! Thank you!

5. Aaron B October 23rd, 2020 at 7:04 am

Ok but with proper mask etiquette, if you don’t have sanitiser or hand washing facilities, you shouldn’t be touching your mask. Not my problem though, your funeral 🙂

6. Derek December 28th, 2020 at 12:15 pm

There’s a very logical reason for wearing a mask in your car: Droplets containing the virus will concentrate on the front/outside surface of your mask. Every time you touch your mask (to take it off for example) you increase the risk of passing virus from the front of your mask to your fingers, face, other surfaces, etc.

I plan my errands so I can hit every store I need in one day, so when I’m traveling between stores/businesses I leave the mask on, thereby reducing the chance of cross-contamination.

I get a chuckle every time I see a meme making fun of people who wear a mask in their car. It’s not about righteousness or my political preferences, but more about the fact that I’ve used information from reputable sources (including the bio-chem training I went through in the military) to educate myself as to how to best protect my loved ones from this virus.

Putting a seatbelt on isn’t political, following the four rules of firearms safety isn’t political, observing the speed limit isn’t political, and wearing a mask to help yourself, your family, and your community doesn’t have to be a political issue either.

• Canary Commenter December 28th, 2020 at 8:19 pm

You forgot the stop sign reference, too. That’s not political and also has nothing to do with wearing a mask. Rather than tell us, tell the state who says you’re wrong to wear your mask in your car.

• PTFloridians December 29th, 2020 at 8:56 am

It all boils down to this…
      …do what YOU need to do, for yourself, but don’t tell others how to deal with this.
      …everybody has a different formula and reasoning for their own health and well being, and shouldn’t be bullied, shamed, cancelled, intimidated, or otherwise.
      …I, and my Wife, DO NOT believe, or have evidence to suggest, that simple paper or cloth masks, work to prevent, or do not cause other health issues, so, we DO NOT wear them, ever, except to enter a business that requires us to do so. Some do, some DON’T…
      …viruses are viruses, there’s nothing new under the Sun…except for the weaponization of crises and events, for political and social gain. People and politics have become ruthless and vicious, with no regard for life or liberty.

• Califgirl March 18th, 2021 at 6:52 am

I agree totally. I never wear a mask unless entering a business that forces me too.even though i have a note from my doctor saying i should not be made to wear one..