Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf announced Friday, June 5, that 12 more counties will go to the Green phase of the coronavirus reopening plan next week.
But Schuylkill County was not part of that group.
Schuylkill County Staying in Yellow Phase Until at Least June 19 (Probably)
That means, if Wolf stays consistent on at least one part of his response to the pandemic (because he hasn’t been in any other part), the next chance Schuylkill County could go Green would be June 19.
Here are the 12 counties that enter the Green phase on Friday, June 12, at 12:01 a.m.:
Staying in the Yellow phase of the pandemic response means many local businesses still can’t operate and others have to operate with very restrictive measures in place.
Bars must remain closed. Restaurants can only serve take-out or outside dining patrons. Hair salons, indoor malls, nail salons, fitness centers, and more types of businesses can’t open in the Yellow phase.
Crowd gatherings must remain below 25 people.
On Friday, Wolf admitted he took a “gamble” when he joined a Black Lives Matter protest earlier this week in Dauphin County. He says he hasn’t decided whether he’ll be getting tested for the Chinese virus even after marching among a large group of protestors. His bald head was clearly sunburned at today’s press conference.
Schuylkill County entered the Yellow phase last Friday. And typically, the requirement under the Governor’s haphazard plan requires a county stay in a particular color phase for 14 days.
Anything After Green?
Even the Green phase comes with restrictions. And the Governor keeps altering the plan as days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months.
A reporter asked Wolf on Friday if his administration has a plan for anything after the Green phase.
“We don’t have a plan yet,” Wolf admitted today.
That’s been pretty obvious from the start of this pandemic response.
- Tom Wolf Virtue Signals at Harrisburg Black Lives Matter Protest, Violates Own Pandemic Restrictions
- EXCLUSIVE: Knowles Defends Himself Against Allegations He Called Rep. Brian Sims a “Little Girl”
- State House Votes to End Wolf’s COVID-19 Emergency Declaration
- As Pennsylvania Small Businesses Struggle, Governor Pushes for Job-Killing $15 Minimum Wage
- The Green Phase is NOT the Goal – Wolf Conditioning for a “New Normal”
- Business and Social Life in Pennsylvania’s Yellow Phase – What to Expect in Schuylkill County