Boyer’s Food Markets has rescinded a recall it issued earlier this week on ground meat.
On Monday, the local grocery store chain announced a recall on ground meat purchased at its Pottsville location that day. The reason for the recall, according to the company, was due to a large piece of metal on the meat grinder breaking off.
On Tuesday, Boyer’s announced it had found the piece of metal and that meat purchased on Monday at the Pottsville store was, indeed, safe to eat
The company said it announced the recall out of an “abundance of caution” but didn’t believe the metal was in the meat.
- Guns Seized from Home of Blue Mountain High Student Following Online Threat
- Office Christmas Parties Banned at Schuylkill County Courthouse
- Schuylkill Commissioners Approve $21K Per Month Contract to Manage Children & Youth Finances
- Bulldog Bites Postal Worker in Cressona
- Schuylkill County Man Charged with Robbing Store of Scratch-Offs and Losing