A Schuylkill County man remains in prison this weekend after allegedly making himself at home in another man’s home earlier this week.
According to information from State Police in Schuylkill Haven, they arrested 31-year-old Devon Shaak, of Pine Grove during the late afternoon hours of Aug. 31 while he was walking along Route 61 in West Brunswick Township.
Shaak matched the description of who a nearby homeowner described as the person who broke into his home earlier in the day.
The homeowner said when he encountered Shaak in his home along Coal Mountain Rd., Shaak was about to take a shower.
Prior to trying to take that shower in another man’s home, Shaak allegedly helped himself to a six-pack of beer and a frozen TV dinner.
Shaak was arraigned before District Judge Stephen Bayer and charged with first-degree felony burglary and second-degree felony criminal trespass. He’s been unable to post the $50,000 cash bail and has remained in Schuylkill County Prison since his arrest.
He’s due back in court for a preliminary hearing on Sept. 14 before District Judge Richard Cashman.
MORE SCHUYLKILL COUNTY MAN STORIES:
- Schuylkill County Man Says Hacker is Holding Snapchat Photos of Him for Ransom
- Schuylkill County Man Says He’s God and Kenny Smith is the Devil Who Gives Out the Drug, Controls Us with a Phone and Dispatches Killer Robots
- Schuylkill County Man Facing Charges After Alleged Hatchet Attack
- Schuylkill County Man Spray Paints Woman, Hits Another with a Table
- Schuylkill County Man Meets “Malaysian Woman” Online Who Steals His ID and Files Unemployment Claim