Pottsville Area Bar Owner Attacked, Hospitalized After Asking Customer to Wear a Face Mask
A Pottsville area bar owner was attacked by a customer Monday evening when he asked him to wear a face mask.
According to State Police in Schuylkill Haven, the assault happened at about 8:30 p.m. Monday. They say 34-year-old Kyle Jacoby, of Schuylkill Haven, got into an argument with Mike Glauda, the owner of Goodfella’s Cafe in Mount Carbon, just outside Pottsville.
The argument quickly turned physical and Jacoby attacked Glauda, police report.
Glauda was taken to a local hospital for treatment and admitted for an overnight stay.
Pottsville Area Bar Owner Attacked After Asking Customer to Wear Face Mask
In a conversation with The Canary on Tuesday, Glauda said the argument started when he asked Jacoby to wear a face mask.
If you recall, earlier this year, Glauda expressed extreme frustration over Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf’s draconian business shutdown orders. Those orders severely hampered his business and the businesses of every bar and restaurant owner in Schuylkill County and statewide.
Glauda even threatened to go against the Governor’s orders and open his business to customers. State Police and the state’s Liquor Control Enforcement warned Glauda after his threat that he could face severe punishment and lose his license if he followed through. Eventually, he backed down from that threat and found a way to operate his business, albeit in a limited fashion.
- Goodfellas Bar Owner Says He’s Had Enough – Reopening Friday
- Pottsville Area Bar Owner Stands Down – Will Open Friday Morning for Take-Out
Part of that compromise is that his customers sit outside and that they wear face masks when they go inside his building for any reason or where they might otherwise be required, per state guidelines.
Police have filed charges against Jacoby before District Judge James Reiley but he hasn’t been arrested, as of this article publishing for the first time.
Jacoby faces a first-degree felony charge of aggravated assault as well as a misdemeanor charge of simple assault and summary charges of harassment and disorderly conduct.
- Lukach Gets 27 Months in Prison – Here’s How He Pulled Off His Corrupt Scheme
- Schuylkill Commissioners Will Try Again on Tyrannical Public Comments Rules
- Pottsville School Board Members Formally Oppose County Pursuit of GIANT Property
- New Price Tag for Schuylkill Prison HVAC System – $1.17 Million
- Bear on Schuylkill County Highway Runs Into Hershey Man’s Tesla
- $900 in Winning Scratch Off PA Lottery Tickets Swiped from Vehicle
- FedEx Driver Injured by Rock Thrown from I-81 Overpass in Schuylkill County