A Girardville man faces sexual assault charges following an incident in the borough on Sunday.
State Police at Frackville arrested Mark Christoper Rhode on March 1 and charged him with aggravated indecent assault and other charges following an incident early Sunday morning.
Court records show Rhode posted bail on March 2. He’ll face a preliminary hearing on March 11 before District Judge Christina Hale.
Girardville Man Charged with Sexual Assault
According to a police report, Rhode arrived at a residence on West Main St. in Girardville. When he arrived, he began making “unwanted sexual advances” on the victim.
Rhode then put the victim of this assault in a choke hold and dragged her to a bedroom at her residence.
Police say that Rhode sexually assaulted the woman despite her attempts to fight back against him. She kicked Rhode and that stopped him from attacking. He fled the victim’s residence.
Police caught up with Rhode a short time later at his residence in Girardville.
He was arraigned before Hale (according to court records) and sent to prison after he was unable to post $50,000 cash bail.
The following charges are stacked against Rhode related to this alleged sexual assault:
- Aggravated indecent assault without consent (Felony 2)
- Aggravated indecent assault – forcible compulsion (Felony 2)
- Aggravated indecent assault – threat of forcible compulsion (Felony 2)
- Unlawful restraint – serious bodily injury (Misdemeanor 1)
- Indecent assault – forcible compulsion (Misdemeanor 1)
- Indecent assault – threat forcible compulsion (Misdemeanor 1)
- Simple assault (Misdemeanor 2)
- Reckless endangerment (Misdemeanor 2)
- Strangulation (Misdemeanor 2)
- Indecent assault without consent of other person (Misdemeanor 2)
- Harassment (Summary)