New Date Set for Megan Hall/Patrick Murphy Preliminary Hearing, March 28
(UPDATE: 3:30 p.m. EDST)
The preliminary hearing for Megan Hall, the woman accused of killing Patrick Murphy, is now March 28, at 3 p.m. CDST.
According to the Orleans Parish Magistrate Court, the motion to continue today’s schedule hearing was made by the state of Louisiana.
Hall, 25, faces second-degree murder charges in Murphy’s death.
Patrick Murphy Murder Case: Motion Filed for Continuance
Thursday’s scheduled preliminary hearing was the first step in presenting a case against Hall.
Hall is accused of killing Murphy in a hotel room just off the French Quarter in New Orleans on Feb. 28.
Murphy was in New Orleans on a trip with his wife. However, the two weren’t together when Murphy and Hall rented a room at the seedy Empress Hotel.
Hall’s past reveals she’s been arrested and convicted of prostitution. And it’s believed she was actively working as a prostitute in New Orleans at the time of Murphy’s death.
Police quickly identified Hall as the lone suspect in Murphy’s death. Many people locally jumped to the conclusion that because Hall is a prostitute, she’s guilty.
However, she turned herself into authorities in New Orleans on March 3. At a bond hearing, a lawyer representing Hall suggested his client has a side of this story to tell.
A lawyer representing Hall filed a motion for a preliminary hearing and assertion of Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights on March 8.
Since turning herself in to police, Hall is at Orleans Justice Center on $750,000 bond.
PAT MURPHY MURDER CASE FULL COVERAGE
- Patrick Murphy Murder: Serious Questions About Empress Hotel
- Funeral Arrangements for Patrick Murphy Announced
- What Will Megan Hall Say in Defense of Killing Patrick Murphy?
- “Get in the Bathroom!” Last Words Pat Murphy Likely Heard
- Will the DA Seek Lesser Charges in the Death of Patrick Murphy?
- Murphy Murder Suspect Arrested Sunday in NOLA
- Schuylkill County Residents Trolling Pat Murphy’s Alleged Murderer on Facebook
- Murphy Murder Suspect Has Illicit History, Faces 2nd Degree Murder
- Pottsville Expressing Grief Over Pat Murphy’s Murder
- Pottsville Businessman Pat Murphy Murdered in New Orleans
Subscribe to Coal Region CanaryGet email updates from Coal Region Canary by becoming a subscriber today. Just enter your email address below to get started!
Canary on Social MediaFollow Coal Region Canary on Facebook.
And check us out on Twitter.