A homeless Minersville man is accused of having sexual encounters with a 15-year-old girl.
According to court papers filed Tuesday, police picked up 20-year-old Michael Butler on an unrelated warrant. On Oct. 1, Minersville Patrolman Jeff Bowers obtained search warrants from District Judge David Plachko for Butler’s iPhone, an Android phone, and his Chromebook.
Bowers states that he’d been investigating allegations against Butler concerning “numerous underage females” in Minersville.
On Butler’s iPhone, Bowers says he found 4 videos in the Trash folder. Those videos allegedly show Butler engaging in sexual acts with a 15-year-old girl identified as JW. The videos show JW partially nude in one. Another allegedly shows Butler and JW having sex. A third allegedly shows JW performing oral sex on Butler and the fourth reportedly shows Butler penetrating JW with his fingers.
On Butler’s Android phone, Bowers states that he saw a conversation between Butler and JW where they’re discussing their sexual relationship and how they’d been “under the influence of controlled substances during the sexual encounters.”
JW reportedly told police that she and Butler had sex on 4 different occasions. Those encounters reportedly happened at a home at 232 Pine St. in Minersville, where Butler had been living.
Butler’s now facing the following charges:
- 4 counts of first-degree felony Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse,
- 4 counts of Statutory Sexual Assault, a second-degree felony,
- 4 counts of Aggravated Indecent Assault, a second-degree felony,
- Multiple counts of Child Pornography, a second-degree felony,
- 1 count of Corruption of Minors, a third-degree felony, and
- Misdemeanor counts of Indecent Exposure and Indecent Assault.
Bowers says if anyone has been victimized by Butler, they should contact Minersville PD at 570-544-6212.