Schuylkill County Man Pistol Whips a Teenager for Using a Driveway
A group of 4 kids from around the Pottsville area were approached by a man with gun last weekend in Seltzer. In the end, one of the kids ended up pistol whipped. And the gun-wielding man ended up in jail.
According to State Police at Schuylkill Haven, 4 kids (2 boys and 2 girls), ranging in age from 15 to 17, were “utilizing a shared driveway” at 467 Seltzer Rd. around 6:30 last Saturday evening.
This apparently pissed off 51-year-old Rick Carl, of Pottsville, so much he decided to approach the kids with a gun. Police describe Carl as “enraged” at their use of the driveway.
Carl began waving the gun in front of the kids. One of them decided to approach Carl. And that’s when Carl hit one of the teens in the head with his gun.
State Police later charged Carl with, among other more serious charges, public drunkenness.
Police say the group of teens included a:
- 17-year old boy from Pottsville
- 17-year old girl from New Philadelphia
- 16-year old boy from Pottsville
- 15-year old girl from Pottsville
Carl was sent to Schuylkill County Prison but has been released after posting 10% of $50,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 9. Carl faces the following charges:
- 1 count, Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (Felony 2)
- 4 counts, Terroristic threats (Misdemeanor 1)
- 4 counts, Simple Assault (Misdemeanor 2)
- 4 counts, Reckless Endangerment (Misdemeanor 2)
- 1 count, Disorderly Conduct (Misdemeanor 3)
- 1 count, Harassment (Summary)
- 1 count, Public Drunkenness (Summary)