A trio of District XI girls basketball quarterfinal games tip off at Pottsville’s Martz Hall Saturday afternoon and evening.
It’ll be back-to-back-to-back Schuylkill League teams in action Saturday among a host of girls’ playoff games in District XI.
The action starts at 4 p.m. in Class 2A. That’s when Williams Valley takes on Marian Catholic in a 4-5 matchup. Right after that, at 5:30, another Class 2A quarterfinal game with #3 Minersville taking on Tri-Valley.
In the prime time matchup, it’s a Class 4A quarterfinal with #3 Tamaqua taking on #6 Wilson at 7:30 p.m.
In another Class 4A quarterfinal, #2 Jim Thorpe takes on #7 Pine Grove at 2:30 p.m. in Lehighton.
District XI Girls Basketball Scores – Feb. 22
Class 2A Quarterfinals
- 4 Williams Valley vs. 5 Marian Catholic – 4p at Martz Hall
- 3 Minersville vs. 6 Tri-Valley – 5:30p at Martz Hall
Class 4A Quarterfinals
- 4 Northwestern Lehigh vs. 5 Allentown Central Catholic – 1p at Catasaqua
- 3 Tamaqua vs. 6 Wilson – 7p at Martz Hall
- 2 Jim Thorpe vs. 7 Pine Grove – 2:30p at Lehighton
Class 5A Quarterfinals
- 4 Southern Lehigh vs. 5 Selinsgrove – 2:30p at Catasaqua
We can confirm some dates, times, and locations for the District XI girls basketball semifinals. Here’s a look at where local teams will play:
In a Class 1A semifinal, Nativity BVM will take on Lincoln Leadership on Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. in Minersville.
The Class 2A semifinals will be Feb. 26. Times and locations haven’t been announced. Mahanoy Area is the top seed in Class 2A and plays the winner of Williams Valley vs. Marian Catholic.
North Schuylkill will take on Palmerton in the Class 3A semifinals. That’ll take place on Feb. 25 at 6 p.m. at Martz Hall.
The Class 4A semifinals are on Feb. 26. At least one Schuylkill League team is guaranteed a spot in this round.
Blue Mountain will take on Shikellamy in the Class 5A semifinals. The game is Feb. 26 but no time or location has been announced.
- 2020 District XI Boys Basketball Playoff Schedule and Results
- 2020 District XI Girls Basketball Playoff Schedule and Results