Schuylkill County Staying Red After Gov. Wolf Announces Round 2 of Re-Openings
Schuylkill County lost another round of the Pennsylvania Lockdown Lottery.
On Friday, Gov. Tom Wolf announced 13 more counties that will move to the Yellow phase of the state’s re-opening plan.
And Schuylkill County is NOT on that list.
Schuylkill County Stays in Red Phase of Pennsylvania Re-opening
Earlier today, the first 24 counties in Pennsylvania made the transition to Yellow.
These new counties move from Red to Yellow on May 15:
Essentially, if you say “yous”, you’re staying in the Red (with a few exceptions). If you say “yinz”, you’re moving to Yellow.
Wolf says, “I’d like to emphasize that this plan is not a one-way route. We are closely monitoring the 24 counties in the yellow phase and will re-impose restrictions if danger arises.”
Next Round of Re-opening?
Even though this second round of re-opening counties was announced a week after the first round, it may not be that way in the future. Why would you expect consistency from the Wolf administration?
At a press conference Friday, Health Sec. Rachel Levine says they’re looking at counties on a daily and weekly basis. So, new counties presumably could move from Red to Yellow or vice-versa at any given time.
Stay at Home Until June 4
On Thursday, Wolf announced that counties still in Red are under an extended Stay at Home order until June 4. The previous statewide order expired on May 7.
So, why extend it for nearly another month and not on a weekly basis?
“Uh, we thought that another month would make the most sense,” Wolf says.
- Coronavirus in Schuylkill County
- 19 Different Hand Washing Songs for the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Wolf Lied About Hair Salons and Barbers Opening in the Yellow Phase
- Schuylkill County Loses Chinese Virus Lockdown Lottery – Still in Time Out
- Despite Threats to Food Supplies, Goodman Votes Against Re-Opening Garden Centers
- Argall, Knowles Urge AG William Barr to Investigate Wolf Power Grab During Pandemic
- Wolf Backpedals on Regional Pennsylvania Map Being Used in Coronavirus Decisions
- Knowles, Tobash Back Bill to Re-Open Real Estate Businesses in PA – Goodman Says No
- PA Opens a Coronavirus Snitch Line for Social Distance Warriors
Subscribe to Coal Region CanaryGet email updates from Coal Region Canary by becoming a subscriber today. Just enter your email address below to get started!
Canary on Social MediaFollow Coal Region Canary on Facebook.
And check us out on Twitter.