13 Schuylkill League Teams Qualify for District XI Football Playoffs – Pairings Announced
The matchups for the 2020 District XI high school football playoffs are set.
The postseason tournament features 13 Schuylkill League teams across 4 classifications.
The district playoffs will be the end of the line for Schuylkill League teams this year as District XI opted out of the PIAA state football championship tournament at the beginning of the shortened 2020 season.
2020 District XI Football Playoffs
Here’s a look at the pairings for the first round of the District XI football playoffs. The higher seed will host the first round games.
The Class 1A tournament features all Schuylkill League teams.
- #1 Williams Valley vs. #4 Mahanoy Area, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m.
- #2 Tri-Valley vs. #2 Nativity BVM, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m.
A trio of Schuylkill League teams qualified for the Class 2A tournament in District XI.
- #1 Palisades vs. #8 Panther Valley, Nov. 7 at 1 p.m.
- #2 Northern Lehigh vs. #7 Schuylkill Haven, Nov. 7 at 12 p.m.
- #3 Palmerton vs. #6 Pen Argyl, Nov. 7 at 7 p.m.
- #4 Minersville vs. #5 Catasaqua, Nov. 7 at 7 p.m.
Three of the four teams in this bracket represent the Schuylkill League.
- #1 North Schuylkill vs. #4 Tamaqua, Nov. 7 at 7 p.m.
- #2 Notre Dame-Green Pond vs. #3 Jim Thorpe, Nov. 7 at 7 p.m.
Three Schuylkill League schools are in the running for the Class 4A title in District XI.
- #1 Allentown Central Catholic vs. #8 Wilson, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m.
- #2 Pottsville vs. #7 Wilson, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m.
- #3 Northwestern Lehigh vs. #6 Lehighton, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m.
- #4 Bethlehem Catholic vs. #5 Blue Mountain, Nov. 7 at 12 p.m.
Check with your local school district for regulations regarding attendance to any of these games.