FedEx Driver Injured by Rock Thrown from I-81 Overpass in Schuylkill County
A FedEx driver from Centre County was injured by shattered glass after someone allegedly dropped a rock on his windshield from an overpass on Interstate 81 in Schuylkill County.
According to information from State Police in Jonestown, the incident happened just before midnight on Thursday, Oct. 15.
A 33-year-old FedEx tractor-trailer driver from Snow Shoe, Centre County, was traveling north on the highway that night. When he got near Exit 107 (Tremont/Tower City) in Frailey Township, his truck was hit with a large rock.
The rock smashed the windshield on the driver’s side of his truck, causing a minor cut to the driver’s right forearm. Police believe the rock was tossed from an overpass on the highway.
Whoever threw the rock got away and police are still looking for who is responsible.
If you have any information on this incident, you’re asked to call the Jonestown barracks at 717-865-2194. You should reference Incident #PA2020-1461235.
- Route 209 Crash Claims the Lives of 2 from Pottsville
- Schuylkill County Man Says 30+ Tried to Steal Mom’s Camper – Police Say the Guy was High
- Police Investigating Early October Robbery at Pine Grove Church
- Arguing Couple Breaks Door at After Hours Party
- Gordon Man Charged with Smashing Mt. Carmel Woman’s Car with Baseball Bat
Photos: License purchased via Depositphotos.com