Hamburg Area’s Taylor Picone Offering Democrat Challenge to Knowles in 124th Race
It went largely unnoticed but a Hamburg man plans to challenge incumbent State Rep. Jerry Knowles for his seat representing the 124th District.
Taylor Picone announced his candidacy late last year. In the last week or so, Picone has been out circulating petitions to get on the ballot as a Democrat nominee for HD-124.
Picone is currently the only potential challenger for Knowles, the Republican incumbent.
Taylor Picone Plans Challenge for Knowles in PA House District 124
Picone is running as a Democrat.
On his campaign website, Picone says he supports the elimination of school property taxes.
“Homeowners, particularly our elders on fixed income, should not live in fear of being taxed out of their lifelong homes,” he says.
In order to offset that lost revenue, Picone supports jacking up the state income and sales taxes.
He also supports the idea of giving businesses and corporations a 5-year property-tax forgiveness if they promise to invest that savings into their businesses. Instead of property taxes, Picone says businesses should contribute a percentage of their earnings.
Picone lives in Hamburg, according to his provile. The 124th covers northern Berks County as well as the eastern portion of Schuylkill County, and part of Carbon County.
He’s in his 13th year as an Officer in the Pennsylvania US Army National Guard.
ELECTION 2020 COVERAGE:
- Who’s In? Who’s Out? List of State House Candidates
- Dauphin County Deputy DA Gets Party Endorsement for 125th Race
- Herv Breault Adds to GOP Choices for State House 125th
- Santai-Gaffney Slams “Liberal Tom Wolf” in Announcing Bid for State House Seat
- Former Middleport Mayor John Leshko Running for State House in the 123rd
- Schuylkill Register of Wills Theresa Santai-Gaffney Running for PA-125
- Christy Joy Running for PA-125th, Months After Being Elected Controller
- Former Mrs. T’s Boss Tim Twardzik Running for PA-123
- Rep. Mike Tobash Not Running in 2020