Who’s In? Who’s Out? Tracking the 2020 Schuylkill County State House Races
We’ve seen a flurry of people declare their candidacy for one of 3 Schuylkill County state House seats.
The 123rd, 124th, and 125th districts in the state House of Representatives are all up for grabs. And each represents a large portion of Schuylkill County.
So, with all these names swirling around and even more names speculated and talked about, it can get confusing. Well, it can get confusing if you’re following the GOP races. Just one Democrat candidate has declared for either of these races. Former Schuylkill Prothonotary PJ Symons announced he’s seeking the Democrat nod for the 123rd district, according to SkookNews.com.
The Primary Election isn’t until April 28. The General Election happens November 3.
Candidates for PA State House of Representatives – Schuylkill County
Let’s take a look at the current declared candidates for each of the PA House races important to Schuylkill County. Who’s throwing their hat in the ring?
PA House District 123
In PA House District 123, candidates are lining up to claim the seat currently held by Democrat Neal Goodman. Goodman’s retiring at the end of 2020. His nephew and staffer, Ian Mahal, says he’s not running.
- Tim Twardzik
- John Leshko
Democrats: PJ Symons
PA House District 124
This is the one district with the least amount of activity. Incumbent Republican Jerry Knowles says he’ll run for office again in 2020. Otherwise, no one has stepped up to run.
- Jerry Knowles
- Taylor Picone
PA House District 125
At some point, we’ll have to single out people who aren’t running for this seat in Harrisburg. Everyone started lining up when incumbent Republican Mike Tobash said he’s not going to run again in 2020.
- Christy Joy
- Theresa Santai-Gaffney
- Herv Breault
- Joe Kerwin Jr.
- No candidates
ELECTION 2020 COVERAGE:
- Dauphin County Deputy DA Gets Party Endorsement for 125th Race
- Herv Breault Adds to GOP Choices for State House 125th
- Santai-Gaffney Slams “Liberal Tom Wolf” in Announcing Bid for State House Seat
- Former Middleport Mayor John Leshko Running for State House in the 123rd
- Schuylkill Register of Wills Theresa Santai-Gaffney Running for PA-125
- Christy Joy Running for PA-125th, Months After Being Elected Controller
- Former Mrs. T’s Boss Tim Twardzik Running for PA-123
- Rep. Mike Tobash Not Running in 2020